Tuesday, August 11, 2009

An Update on Us

So, in  case you haven't heard, I have a new last name!  Patrick and I got married on July 18, and we are really enjoying married life.  I thought that I would give an update on us since I haven't seen many of you in quite a while.

Although the two months before our wedding saw us in churches with our relatives in New Hampshire (during our pre-marital counseling with my uncle), New Jersey (visiting my grandparents OPC church with them), and Virginia (I went down for my cousin Nick's graduation from high school),  we have been regularly attending New Covenant Presbyterian for the last seven or eight months.  During this time, God has richly blessed us individually and as a couple.  We have both grown in Christ under the teaching of Pastor David Barker, Pastor Don Dove, and the elders of the church.  They have encouraged us in the Lord, and their preaching has spurred us on to greater holiness.  We have really enjoyed getting to know the brethren there.

Being married has been a great blessing to us so far.  When God ordained marriage, He ordained a good thing.  I would like to add a word here about purity in relationships.  God commands purity and abhors sexual immorality, and He blesses those who obey Him.  Patrick and I saved our very first kiss for our wedding day.  You don't have to do that to be a Christian, but it was something that we chose to do.  We felt that it would be a great way to bring glory to God and to witness not only to unbelievers, but also to believers that it is possible to be in love and to remain pure.  Like I said--it's not necessary to save your first kiss, but it was the right decision for us.  It wasn't always easy, but it was well worth the wait!

On Saturday, we adopted a little kitty from the Lucky Cat Rescue.  Her name is Pippi, and we love her very much.  It was so neat to see Patrick's metamorphosis from rolling his eyes and saying, "Do we REALLY have to do this?" (he did promise) to running into Wal-Mart to buy toys and saying, "Hey Erin--get a picture of us!  It's Daddy's little girl . . ."  His heart melted like butter.  Little Pippi keeps me company during the day, and she cuddles with me by night.  In between times, Patrick tries to slip the little beggar tastes of ice cream. 

No comments: