Every so often, especially around Thanksgiving, I like to take inventory of the ways that my life has changed throughout the year. Here are a few things that have changed or impacted me the most.
1. This time last year, I was pregnant and on bed rest, anxiously awaiting hearing my child's heart beat for the first time. Now, I have a hearty, healthy, happy (and hefty) little girl. Praise be to God. For this, Patrick and I are both filled with thankfulness to our Lord.
2. This time last year, Poppop was still alive. God gave us the most wonderful Christmas season with him--one that, according to the doctors, we shouldn't have had. We'll miss him so much during the holidays (more so than usual), but I know that my whole family rejoices in the memories of last year.
3. This time last year, I was STILL in college (and on bed rest). Thanks be to God for giving me understanding professors who let me miss over a month of classes without giving me a hard time. Finally, at the end of last December, I GRADUATED! After years of anticipating this very time, I can enjoy the Christmas season without worrying about finals! I've waited my whole life for this!!!
4. This time last year, I was overweight and pregnant. At the present time, I have not only achieved a "healthy" weight, but I am twenty pounds lighter than I was when I got pregnant! Although I still have a little ways left to go, I am feeling so much better both physically and emotionally!
5. This time last year, Patrick and I were happily married. Right now, we're still happily married. I pray that I'll be able to say "we're still happily married" for the rest of our lives.
For what changes/blessings are you most thankful? In what ways has God worked in your life this past year? This time last year . . .