Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Another Card to the Deck

Ever heard the phrase "You've just lost your man card" said to a guy who has done something that is considered less than masculine?  Why don't we ever hear about woman cards?  And why are said cards (whether the existing male version or the newly invented female one) always taken away and not given?

Every so often, I do something that makes me think, "NOW I am a real woman."  My latest addition to my rolodex of "woman cards"?  I made a turkey.  My first.  Wow.  The only thing that I could think of when I pulled it of the oven (aside from how beautiful it looked) was how utterly and femininely accomplished I felt.  Not that men can't cook turkeys . . . but you get my point.  As I type, turkey stew is simmering in the  crock pot and my husband is likely enjoying his turkey sandwich for lunch at work.




2 comments:

a.friend said...

Your Thanskgiving turkey looks wonderful. My wife and I celebrated with her family which was great but there were no leftovers then at home. I bought a turkey that day we got back and cooked it just so I could have leftovers. I hope that doesn't put my man card in jepordy. It didn't look near as good as yours so maybe I'm safe.

I hope you and your family have a wonderful blessed Christmas.

Savories of life said...

Looked yummy. we had a late thanskgivign sicne we werein Canada that day.