Monday, May 16, 2011

A Fine Balance

I awoke this morning to find my right hand completely numb and tingling, and I rolled out of bed to find that both of my hands were going to be numb and tingling for quite a while.  If I so much as leave my hands still for a few seconds, they get REALLY numb and tingling, otherwise they remain somewhere between uncomfortable and annoying.

Unfortunately, I am attempting to write a bunch of thank-you notes today in response to all of the blessings that Patrick and I have received at all three of our baby showers.  To those of you whose notes are being written today, please pardon my handwriting because it's rather difficult to write when one's fingers are stiff, asleep, and not functioning properly.

On the bright side, though, we truly are feeling overwhelmed by the amount of love shown to us and to Natalie in the past few weeks.  Our condo is no longer ours--it is now filled with the fun, cute, adorable, practical, and necessary things that will fill our daughter's life.  She will be the best dressed little girl and will have the most variety in her wardrobe.  All I can say is that she'd better be a girly-girl . . . we have an abundance of hair bows, ruffly outfits, lacy dresses, and darling hats in which to deck her on a daily basis.

Thanks to all who have and continue to support us in this time--we can't wait until you and we get to meet Natalie!  There are so many of you who we would love to have over for dinner (and Patrick would invite everyone over now if I let him!), and I hope to begin hosting regularly again very shortly after the baby is born.  As for right now, my fluctuating energy levels, unpredictable hands, and the amount of things that I need to get done before Natalie arrives is keeping me from being able to have people over as I would like.  For now, we covet your prayers for health and well being during these last 3-6 weeks before our lives change forever . . .

No comments: