Wednesday, August 17, 2011

100 Posts

As I come to post number 100 of my blog, a post which has been several years in coming, I am reminded that this blog has seen some of the best and worst times of my life.  Mountains and valleys, joy and sorrows, life begun and life dearly departed, free and legalistic, protected and betrayed--all of these things have swirled around me for the last few years.

Dear friends and loved ones have passed away, but new friends and cherished people have entered my life.  

My first post was less than a year after losing Poppop Leo and a beloved Christian lady.  It was during a dark time in my life.

Two months prior to the start of this blog, a relationship ended . . . and one month following this blog's conception I met my husband.

Good friends had left my life, but I was soon to meet a new friend, one whom I now love dearly, Naomi.  As iron sharpens iron, so I can count on her to tell me in an understanding way what I need to hear.

A church had been ripped from me, but a new church was welcoming me with open arms and tender hearts.

I was secretly praying that I would not have to go to college, but now I stand debt-free with a four year degree . . . and I cried when I walked across that stage.

Prayers have been answered both to my joy and to my sorrow.  God extended the life of my precious Poppop Vince and granted me the life of my daughter, Natalie, who I almost to a threatened miscarriage.

Through the highs and the lows, God has been faithful and has brought me through to where I am today.    I find myself thankful and overwhelmed by His goodness, amazed by His blessings, and smiling at His orchestration of my life.

No comments: