Saturday, January 28, 2012

The Fruit of Tears

Sorrow is a fruit; God does not allow it to grow on a branch that is too weak to bear it. --Victor Hugo


God will never give us more than we can handle, and He uses the trials of this life to make us stronger and to point us back to Himself.  Too much comfort and earthly joy can breed attachment to this place, but God allows sorrows and pain to make us long to be home with Him.


I am reminded again of the Sovereign Grace lyrics to "In the Valley" :


. . . In the daytime there are stars in the heavens
But they only shine at night.
And the deeper that I go into darkness
The more I see their radiant light.
So let me learn that my losses are my gain,
To be broken is to heal
That the valley’s where Your power is revealed.



The darker our sorrow, the greater the glory of the Lord and the brighter the light of His Celestial City shines.

1 comment:

a.friend said...

Sorrow and pain often leads to great acts of creativity. Your last three post have been have been very beautiful and moving. I can't help but wonder if they are a reflection of some trial you are going through. If so, be assured that the God you write so beautifuly of loves you dearly and holds you firmly in His grasp. I will be praying for you. God bless,
Your friend in Christ,
Blaine