Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Family Time

With just nine weeks remaining until my estimated due date, I'm getting pretty excited about this baby.  Some days, nine weeks seems like an eternity . . . others it seems so close that I can almost feel my daughter in my arms.

I am already getting Patrick ready for the changes that will take place.  For instance, last night we ate at the table and we did not turn the television on once.  We both agreed that we will not be eating in front of the TV once the baby is old enough to join us at the table.  Stronger families come from spending time as a family and talking as a family than from families who spend most of their time together in front of the "tube."  That's just my opinion, but I was raised in that way; I am very close with my family.

Honestly, most nights Patrick gets home late, and we're both so tired that it's all we can do to just eat while on the sofa.  I must confess that it was nice to sit together (which we do do) and just talk over dinner last night.  Personally, I had fun playing cards after we ate, but that was only until I realized that Patrick was letting me win so that the game would end more quickly.  Disappointed, I informed him that he owes me another game--a fair game.  I really had thought better of him.  ;-)


No comments: