Tuesday, March 26, 2013

All Things New!

Let's build up . . .

Patrick and I finally made it to the eye doctor for exams last Saturday.  Between house hunting, open houses, and everything else going on in our lives, it was difficult to find a time when we could both go--and as much as I knew I needed to go, I was not about to take two under two to that appointment by myself.  As I suspected, my eye sight had changed drastically (several points in each eye).  When the doctor gave me a pair of contacts, I almost cried.  It was totally amazing.  In fact, it was like going from your grandparent's ancient TV to a 1080p 100 inch flat screen.  That awesome.  I can't wait for my new glasses to come in now since I'm not used to wearing contacts all day every day any more, and I refuse to put on my old glasses and be nearly blind when I have contacts that make my vision so much better! 

Next, and even more exciting than miracle contacts, we found a house!  From the pictures, I could tell that it was going to be a place that would compare in beauty and openness to our condo--not an easy thing to do.  When we walked in for the first (and so far only) time, we were blown away with just how perfect it was for our family.  One thing that was very important to us in the house-hunting processes was "how will this home be for ministry/entertaining?"  So few of the places that we saw would work for hosting large crowds or Bible studies.  This house, however, is perfect for both.  Open kitchen, living room, and dining room, a few steps down into a massive family room, a large laundry room, a great yard, a big deck (and a pool), and a place for the drums PLUS the 4 bedrooms and 2.5 bathrooms that were a must for our growing family--this house is the first one (and we saw many) where Patrick and I both got really excited.  (The fact that it is 4.4 miles from Marissa and Kyle's home-to-be "upped" the excitement from 10 on a scale of 1-10 to 20!)

We put an offer in on Friday, but we were told that the owners wanted the weekend to think it over.  Ahhh!  It was a long weekend.  While we waited, our condo underwent inspection for our buyers (it "passed"), we had the previously detailed eye exams, watched Life of Pi in 3D, went to church, and had a family day.  Come Monday morning, we were jittery, nervous, antsy, and eager.  FINALLY, we got word that our contract was accepted!  Talk about an exciting answer to prayer!

It is our hope that God will use our house as a way to bless others and that our little family will grow and expand there in years to come.  We totally can't wait to move!

No comments: