Friday, March 15, 2013

It's Over Already?

Well, that was amazing.  In a week and a half, the Lord not only brought a family to buy our condo, but he brought the perfect people to buy it.  We are officially under contract. 

It sometimes seems easy to underestimate God, or at the very least to under expect from Him.  Why would God do ______ or orchestrate _________ perfectly?  He did.  In a way that continues to blow my mind, my Father guided the right buyers to us at the right time in the right way. 

That being said, we are now in the process of looking for a home quickly in a market where there are not very many homes for sale and even fewer that would suit our needs or budget.  Remembering how God worked to put our condo under contract in such a short amount of time, I am forcing myself to slow down and to have peace.  Why should I not also trust that He will guide us to the perfect house for us?  I have full confidence that He will and that we will be excited when we finally find "the one."  (Personally, I think that "saying yes to the dress" was a WHOLE lot easier and less stressful than finding a home for potentially the rest of our lives)

Yesterday I was struck with how much easier it was to house hunt with one baby instead of with a very active (and at times very cranky because she was exhausted) toddler and a rather needy infant.  Today I am recovering, which basically means that I am doing minimal work (just keeping things straight) and am in my most comfortable pair of pants and a cozy shirt.  Unfortunately, being out all day and later into the night did nothing for my kids--early to rise were they, and I have the headache to prove it.  It really is difficult when you realize that you want a bunch of kids but that you are not a morning person . . . and having a husband who IS a morning person almost guarantees that your children will be disgustingly cheerful, early-rising morning people.  I'm still not awake.  Fully.

No comments: