Sunday, March 30, 2008

Live Each Day

How often do you contemplate the brevity of life? Do you ever think that when you leave your house in the morning that you may never return? When you say goodbye to a loved one or dear friend do you ever wonder if that will be the last time that you might ever see him? If you die, are you sure you'll go to heaven? Truly, the importance of working out your own salvation with fear and trembling should be stressed to all believers. Death could come at any time and we should be ready to meet it. I believe that God has a purpose for my life and that His purpose has not yet been fulfilled. I was in an accident about six months ago. Being the way that I am, it really caused me to think. Had God taken me, I would have run to Jesus. But He did not. However, it might have happened. Did I remember to tell my family goodbye and that I loved them before I left the house this morning? Did I tell my dad that I loved him before hanging up the phone? Did I kiss my little sisters before leaving? Perhaps it is just the way that I have been brought up, but whenever I say goodbye to my grandparents, I hold them extra tight and make sure that I kiss them because they are growing older and I may never again have the opportunity to love them in person again. Whenever I hang up the phone with my parents, my sisters, my cousins, my family, my friends,I always try to remember to tell them that I love them: if I were to die before seeing any of them, especially my mom and dad again, at least they would know that I died loving them. Life is so precious. Life is such a gift. Live every day to the fullest, glorifying God as much as possible. Live each day as if it were your last--but don't forget that it really could be your last. Seek God while He may be found. Show love and affection while you have the chance. Never miss an opportunity to show kindness to someone. Love God with all of your heart, soul, mind, and strength. In all your ways, acknowledge Him and He will direct your path.

No comments: