Saturday, June 11, 2011

Motivation

Motivation has not really been my strong point this week.  My house has been a mess, I have returns to make at various stores, my hair needs to be thinned and trimmed, I have a few last minute items to purchase before the baby comes, and my hospital bag is not even packed yet (other than the electronic items, the diaper bag, and snacks for Patrick).  Everything seems to be working against my getting done the things that really need doing.

I'm grieving, I'm huge and pregnant and stiff and sore, I'm not sleeping well, and I think it has been averaging somewhere in the low 100 degrees every day this week (which means that my air conditioner is struggling to keep the house cool enough for me).

Marissa and I did paint, reupholster, and decorate the toy chest on Wednesday and Thursday, so that has to count for something, but I honestly just haven't felt like doing anything--and I haven't really had the energy to do much anyway.

God has other plans for me, though.  As if to say, "Get up and work, lazy," He had my cousin call me to ask if she and her husband could crash here and sleep for a few hours on their way to the funeral on Monday.  *Dun, dun, duunnn*

While I was saying yes, I was mentally making lists of everything that I should have accomplished cleaning-wise this week and tallying in my brain how quickly I could get everything done so that my house (and my house keeping skills) wasn't a total embarrassment to me when they arrived.  Although my cousin reminded me that I don't have to clean for her, I assured her that it was just the kick in the pants that I had been needing to jump start my engine all week.

Once we hung up . . .

*Kitchen: CLEANED AND BLEACHED
*Bathroom: CLEANED AND BLEACHED
*Living and Dining rooms: DE-CLUTTERED AND CLEANED
*Nursery: STRAIGHTENED AND ALL TRACES THAT WE PAINTED--CLEANED
*Laundry: THROWN IN THE WASH UNTIL THE WASH ACTED UP

Today, I need to . . .

*Clean our room (AGAIN . . .)
*Vacuum the house
*Flip and fold the laundry
*Put laundry away
*Go to the store since I've been living without milk for a week


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, it sounds like you got a ton done, Erin! You should put up a picture of the toy chest. I wanna see!