Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Oh Dear

This post will be rather short as it is late and I am tired  . . . and having contractions.  As I was "contracting" earlier, I was given a taste of what labor will be like with my husband in the room.  Unfortunately, it was painful.

"Breathe!!!  Are you breathing?  BREATHE!!!" he coached.  "Hoo, hoo, ha, ha.  Hoo, hoo, ha, ha . . . . . . . "

Although he may not appreciate this very much, it was so funny that it made things worse.   Between cramping, having contractions, hiccups (the baby had them, so there was yet another thing going on in my belly), and laughing (thus using my abdominal muscles) at Patrick's breathing techniques, I was pretty uncomfortable.   If he was that . . . energetic . . . after work, late at night when he was tired, what will it be like if he manages to sneak in the Diet Mt. Dew that he so desperately wants in the delivery room (I have said "NO WAY")?!

He finally went to bed "just in case" real labor starts tonight.  He wants to be well rested.  Lucky him gets to sleep.  :-)

No comments: