Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Coffee and the Word

It's funny how the need for coffee hits me at the strangest times.  Since I'm pregnant, I have been trying to limit my caffeine.  If I wake up and I don't need coffee, then I hold off until later in the day.  Today was one such morning.  As of right now, though, I am feeling the need fill my tank.  While this is fine for my coffee habit, I do not want my Bible reading to be the same way.

When I'm not pregnant, no morning is complete without coffee.  I've weaned myself off of the two-three cups every day system that I had before, but I must confess something.  The mornings that Patrick makes coffee are the best.  Waking up to a fresh, hot pot that I did not lift a finger to make just turns even the gloomiest morning into something cheerful for me.

This post is my decision and pact to read my Bible every morning before doing anything else.  If waking up to fresh coffee makes me happy, how much more will beginning my day with the Food of Life?  

No comments: