Wednesday, March 30, 2011

"Oh the Cleverness of Me!" *

Patrick asked me last week when I was going to put up Natalie's name in the nursery, decorate with all of the fun wall decals that I bought, and put up the curtains.  I told him that I wasn't going to do ANYTHING in the nursery (other than finish the painting) until all of the junk was out.

This junk includes: 1 antique hair drying chair, 1 coffee table, and 2 rather heavy televisions.  These are things that I cannot lift/carry, and thus they are his problem and not mine.  I've realized, though, that we both live very busy lives.  He can't carry the stuff down three flights of steps alone, and I can't help him (it was hard enough assisting him when I wasn't 27 weeks pregnant!).  Between the two of us, we have things going on every weekend from now until the baby comes . . . so I decided to help him out.

Craigslist is awesome.  I posted one free television and got rid of two.  People will be coming this week to carry them away . . . so not only did I manage to find good homes for them, I also did it in a way that WE don't have to do anything!  No trips to the dump or the Goodwill, no trying to cram it in and out of our little cars, no hassle, no worries, no problems!

I've noticed that the little things are those which Patrick appreciates most: when I pay a random bill, when I take care of phone calls that need to be made, etc.  I'm very blessed that he usually takes care of the bills and makes arrangements for various things.  When I am able to help him out, though, it makes both of us feel good.

My other "big" accomplishment for the week was calling Comcast (6 times) and reestablishing our wi-fi (old roommates forgetting the password=Erin talking to 5 different guys and wading through long minutes of phone menu options).   Patrick was excited A. because he didn't have to deal with Comcast over the phone and B. because he can now watch Netflix through our Wii.  I think he's more excited about B.

*so saith Peter Pan

No comments: