Thursday, March 24, 2011

. . . With All Your Mind . . .

Tomorrow marks the start of a new women's Bible study. It's kind of neat--I'll be joining my mom and several other women who were a huge support to me throughout my childhood and teenage years . . . to be there as an adult (not as my mom's tag-a-long or a babysitter for all the kids) will be a new experience for me. However, I am most excited about the book which we will be studying: Loving God With All Your Mind.

Although I did this book with a college and career Bible study a few years ago, this seems like the perfect time in my life to pull it out again. With all of the emotions that are swirling inside me right now with everything that is happening, I need a good reminder about how to keep things in perspective, how to deal with my emotions, and how not to let them control me.

I tend to be a very emotion-driven person at times. When things get difficult, it often seems impossible for me to separate my emotions from my reactions and the way that I treat people. One thing wrong leads to the seeing of everything else in a more negative light. Being pregnant doesn't help me to balance my emotions either.

During a breakfast with a very dear friend recently, I confided that EVERYONE is on my nerves. Well, not everyone, but I have noticed that my fuse is much shorter these days. This is something about which I am praying--I hate living in that way. Yes, some days are much better than others, but I clearly see that I am being too much ruled by my emotions.

Loving God With All Your Mind helped me greatly through the stresses of my first few years in college, and I have pulled it out several times since that Bible study. To once again go through it in depth with the added accountability of godly women is something for which I am most thankful. This isn't about me becoming a nicer pregnant lady--it's about me honoring God with all that I say, do, and think.

On a really, really happy note . . . my Nook is in Maryland and is on its way here!!!

No comments: